Steins;Gate visual novel

Help for a french translation, French patch

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 4/10/2015, 18:20

Group:

Hello folks,

I'm actually prospecting to translate the VN with a french patch and i'm looking for some tips.
I have use your decompiler to extract the content of the archives and i can see clearly the CG and the audio files, no problem about them but i have some trouble about the main dishes, the texts witch are in a .nsb file format.
I can open it and take a look for the content but i's really difficult to use this program to translate:

If i want to translate the VN with this i'm obliged to put a point (.) after all letters. What program do you use to open and edit those files?

Thank you in advance

Edited by FRATTAGLIA93 - 7/10/2015, 16:06

view post Posted on 7/10/2015, 15:05

Group:
Administrator

Hi,
Our tool to decompile the npa is this:
https://github.com/Daviex/Steins-Gate-Archive-Decompiler

With the source code you can create the tool for extract to npa the map and nsb ver.
To extract the txt of the twxt you should use this tool: https://github.com/Daviex/Steins-Gate-Dialogues-Extractor and this tool for insert https://github.com/Daviex/Steins-Gate-Dialogues-Inserter

view post Posted on 7/10/2015, 20:35

Group:

Oh thank you i have missed the dialogues extractor/inserter (I have already find and use the decompiler)

One last question but it's a "bonus" for me and i haven't search yet:
Do you have an extractor/builder for .ngs files. They are used for videos files. It's to make a karaoke for those ones.

Daviex94
view post Posted on 10/10/2015, 14:24

If I remember correctly, .ngs file are simply renamed video files, so you can try to open them with VLC to see if I'm correct :)

view post Posted on 12/10/2015, 02:07

Group:

Oh you're right! Well OK for all the informations and thank you for the tools you develloped.
The only thing i left to do it's translate ;)

view post Posted on 16/10/2015, 13:16

Group:

Hi it's me again,

I have 2 separate questions:

-First, the Dialogues Inserter don't work well, he only wants the sg01_01.txt file and works fine when i want to insert it but, it accept to insert no other files (like sg00_01.txt i have translated first) and crash when i try.
I think i have find the problem in the code of the program but i'm not sure if it's here the problem and how to fix it:
SPOILER (click to view)
1444996804-sans-titre

-Second the dialogues extractor don't extract the glossary and the mails on the phone (if i'm correct the text on the phones isn't with the dialogues files), you haven't translate them? I have already find the file where the glossary is but not the phone call yet

Thank you in advance.

Daviex94
view post Posted on 16/10/2015, 13:44

1 - I've already fixed that, you can download again the code and it should works. There was a bug into the code that won't make the sg00 works if you were translating the last dialogue. Also, I added chapter name into the file that contains it.

2 - I'm still working on the other tools. I already made the phone hacks and tools to translate them, and lately I did the tool to translate the glossary ( full translation ) but I need to clean the code before I can upload it on github.

view post Posted on 16/10/2015, 14:21

Group:

Oh good news then, i ask all of that because i want to be fully OK and certain to translate everything before launch a website and leave some messages and annoucments on the french forums to recruit some hands (I have already found a translator on another forum and a tester, a IRL friend but i need 1 or 2 more translater, a Karamaker team and a website manager). I have some other funny ideas, i want this version to be better than the english one ;)

view post Posted on 16/10/2015, 17:33

Group:

Thank you it works fine, here the first try with the prologue:
www.twitch.tv/mad_company/v/20951617

Somes bugs, like the missings letters, they are special characters like "ç" or "û" it's OK without them, now i know it's unusable. I have to fix some missing transitions between speaking and non speaking lines and found out why sometimes the [text_xxxx] appears and sometimes not.

I'm waiting for the glossary and the phone to make the other steps, i'm not in a hurry so don't overdo it ;). I'll begin to slowly translate the chapters now.

Daviex94
view post Posted on 16/10/2015, 18:16

About the missing letters, you have to edit the font into the Steins;Gate folder, and add them manually, because the game doesn't support so many character by itself.

About other tools, those days I'm occupied with University, when I got some time, I will work on them, because the Phone Hack is not simple to do, so I've to think really well how to make the guide comprensible for everyone.

view post Posted on 3/11/2015, 13:13

Group:

Hi, i came back for some news about the two others parts (phone texts and glossary)
I must looking for a webdev on my side and stop squat here -_-

I have already a little problem with the different versions of the quotation marks and don't see clearly where is the problem. It's also a problem never corrected in the english fantrad ( http://lparchive.org/SteinsGate/ ).

When i edit the .txt files to translate it, I have first use notepad (it's a .txt after all) and the quotation marks are all right (see the twitter link above) but i have a lot of missing infos (like the line fields that cause errors) after i have use wordpad it's easier to translate and suppress a lot of errors but now the quotation marks are all switch from " to〞. Whatever i have use on wordpad. Do you have an idea about this and how to fix it?

view post Posted on 8/11/2015, 03:52

Group:

Hi again, i have translate half of the first chapter and i have a new issue with the dialogue Inserter, when i try to use it, the result is always the prologue file. And i have checked it's not only a bad name. I'll ssearch in the code if i found the bug later.

view post Posted on 17/11/2015, 10:48

Group:

Up!

view post Posted on 30/11/2015, 12:28

Group:

Hi folks!

Someone has some news? The tools for the phone and the glossary is the only things i need to definitly launch the french translation project.
I have some other ideas which need some code for a "collector edition" but i can still modify myself the game's code directly.

view post Posted on 23/8/2020, 20:33

Group:

Hi guys, it's been a long time. I came back because i have finally find some people to contribute to the translation. Congrats for your completion of the IT version. So the question is still the same... do you finally have a tool for the phone (i guess yes but i can't find it contrary to the glossary).

14 replies since 4/10/2015, 18:20   947 views